Recipe is as follow:
- 1 pack ramen noodles. approx 300gm
- 1 pack spicy fish cake approx 200g (available from Asian store, fridge section)
- 1/4 red capsicum, sliced
- approx 50g cabbage, thinly sliced
- a handful of peas
- 1 chilli , chopped (optional)
- a small handful of green beans, sliced (optional)
- 1 tsp cooking oil
- 4 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tsp oyster sauce
- pinch of white pepper
- a stalk of shallot, green part only, to garnish (optional)
- Cook the noodles in a pot of hot water, according to instruction on the package. Be careful not to over cook the noodles. Once cooked, drain, add sesame oil & mix well, then set aside to cool
- One the noodle is cool, add soy and dark soy sauce, mix well
- Bring a frying pan to medium heat, heat up the cooking oil; add fish cake and chili, stir fry for a minute; add cabbage and oyster sauce, stir fry for approx 3 minutes or until the cabbage is just cooked; add peas, green beans, capsicum & white pepper, stir fry for 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside to cool for 15 minutes.
- Mix the noodle and all the above cooked ingredients in a large mixing bowl, toss well; transfer to a serving plate; garnish with shallot.
- This dish is delicious serving at room temperature during summer.