This is a fantastic dish to share with friends as part of a banquet, or to serve as an entree on a bed of fluffy boiled rice.
Recipe is as follow:
- 12 large prawns, peeled, remove veins
- a little chili (quantity to taste), remove seeds, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 10 g ginger, sliced into very thin sticks
- 20g coriander, cut to 2 cm length
- 20g green shallot (scallion), separate stalks and green, cut to 2cm length
- 1/2 onion, diced or thinly sliced
- 1 tsp soy sauce (use gluten free soy sauce for a GF option)
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 2 tbl white wine
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- Heat up a frying pan, add cooking oil and ginger until sizzling hot; add onion, chilies, shallot (white part only); stir fried for about 10 seconds until aromatic.
- Add prawns, sear each side for 30 seconds.
- Add garlic, sugar, soy sauce, fish sauce and white wine, toss until the the prawns are just cooked.
- Remove the frying pan from heat; add the shallot (green part) and coriander (green part), toss well.