Is there such a thing as the perfect vegan dish?
Recipe is as follow:
- 12 large mushrooms, cleaned
- 1/4 bunch of parsley, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tsp potato flour
- a pinch of sea salt
- 1 tsp of olive oil
- 1 tbsp white wine (or a splash)
- 1 tbsp of pine nuts, lightly toasted (optional)
- 2 tsp of butter for pan frying (for vegan version, 2 tsp of olive oil)
- 5 sprig of thyme, garnish (optional)
- Snap off the mushroom stalks, so there are wells for stuffing
- Finely chop the mushroom stalks;
- Bring a frying pan to medium heat, add a little cooking oil, chopped mushroom stalks, minced garlic, chopped parsley, pan fry for a few minutes; turn off the heat; use 1/2 of the vegetables to combine with potato flour to form a thicker mixture
- Stuff the mushrooms with the mixture.
- Put butter (or olive oil) in a frying pan, bring the pan to hot temperature. Pan fry the stuffed mushrooms, 2 minutes on each side. While the pan is still very hot, splash in a little wine wine. Place the cooked mushrooms on a serving plate.
- Pour the remaining 1/2 of the vegetables & pine nuts over the mushrooms.
- Sprinkle the thyme leaves over the mushrooms
- Garnish with some leftover parsley
- Sprinkle a pinch of sea salt over the plate