With the recent food event at my little boy’s school which required months of preparation, I had been slow on developing FODMAP friendly recipes. This week I did 3 dishes & here is one of them – chicken & quinoa slices with fish sauce & coconut milk, first steamed, then sliced and pan fried.
Recipe is as follow:
(Serves 2 as a low FODMAP recipe)
- 250g chicken mince
- 1/2 cup quinoa, soaked in hot (boiling) water for 15 minutes; drained
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tbs rice flour
- 20g capsicum, finely diced
- 5 tbs coconut milk
- 1 tbs fish sauce
- 1 tbs sesame oil
- salt and pepper to taste
For pan frying
- 2 tbs cooking oil
Dipping sauce (optional)
- 1 tbs soy sauce (use gluten free soy sauce for a gluten free option)
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl, mix well; transfer to a baking dish (I use a shallow cake tin); spread out the mixture evenly; steam over water (with a lid) for 30-40 minutes (depending on the thickness of the ‘cake’); rest for 10 minutes in the steamer; then transfer to a rack to rest for at lease 30 minutes (to cool the ‘cake’ before cutting).
- Slice the chicken & quinoa ‘cake’ into squares
- In a frying pan, heat up some cooking oil (pan to be well coated); pan fry the squares lightly on both side, until lightly brown.
- Serve warm
- Optional dipping sauce – simply combine soy sauce and sesame in a small dish for sauce.