This is an easy pancake with egg, rice flour, zucchini, capsicum coconut milk and a dash of fish sauce. It is suitable for breakfast, lunch and dinner. It is also tummy-friendly.
(Serves 1 as a FODMAP recipe)
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 35g rice flour
- 35ml coconut milk (from a can)
- 15g coriander, chopped
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 30g capsicum, finely diced
- 1/2 zucchini (approx. 60g), grated
- Cooking oil for pan frying
- Combine all ingredients (excl. the cooking oil) into a mixture
- Heat up a round frying pan with cooking oil (medium heat); add the egg mixture; pan-fry until the bottom of the pancake is mostly set; turn half of the pancake over the other half; turn the heat to low & loosely cover the frying pan with a piece foil; cook for further 10 minutes or until the pancake is cook through.
- During the last minute of cooking, turn the heat up a little, remove the foil and let the bottom of the pancake turn golden brown.