It is difficult to sharing these with friends – too tasty you’d like to enjoy them all by yourself.
(Serves 2 as a FODMAP recipe)
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- Seaweed (nori) sheets
- salt and black pepper to taste
- cooking oil
- 1 tbsp green bean, finely diced
- 1 tbsp carrot, finely diced
- Soy sauce (for dipping)
- In a mixing bowl, mix eggs, green bean, carrot, salt and black pepper to taste
- Brush a square flat bottom frying pan with cooking oil, bring it to low heat (similar length to the seaweed sheet would be ideal); add sufficient egg mixture to coat the bottom of the frying pan approx 0.3cm thickness; when the egg mixture starting to set, remove it from the frying pan to a flat surface.
- First seaweed sheet layer – lay seaweed sheet(s) over the egg sheet, roll up into a roll
- Repeat the above until all the egg mixture are used up.
- Second seaweed layer – lay a seaweed sheet on sushi mat; transfer one egg roll onto the seaweed sheet; gently but tightly roll the seaweed sheet around the egg roll, using the sushi mat to assist; wrap the roll with the foil and put something moderately heavy on top, like a book; leave aside for 5 minutes; this will make the rolls more tight; transfer to a fridge to chill for a few hours.
- To serve, remove the foil, use a sharp knife to slice the egg roll into pieces.
- Serve with soy sauce as dipping sauce (optional).