Steamed then pan-fried glutinous rice balls with beef, potato, coriander, cumin, turmeric and oyster sauce .
(Serves 2 as a FODMAP recipe; makes about 8 balls)
- 150g beef mince
- 50g potato, finely diced, cooked in microwave for 2 minutes, drain off any liquid if required
- 1/2 cup glutinous rice, soaked in hot water for at lease 30 minutes then overnight, drain off any liquid
- 15g coriander, chopped
- 1 small chili, chopped (optional)
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp corn flour
- 2 tsp oyster sauce (skip for a gluten free option)
- salt and black pepper to taste
- cooking oil (I use olive oil)
In a large bowl, mix all ingredients other than the cooking oil. Roll the mixture into 8 balls. The mixture is quite soft – so we will need to give them a good squeeze.
Steam the rice balls in a steamer for 30 minutes; line the balls with baking paper to prevent sticking; Cool the rice balls briefly.
In a frying pan, bring generous amount of cooking oil to medium heat; pan fry the rice balls until slightly brown and aromatic.