Rice noodle soup with tofu, radish, carrot, spinach, chilli, coriander, ginger, soy and sesame oil.
(Serves 1-2 as a FODMAP recipe)
- 50g (gluten free) rice noodle, dry
- 2 soft plain tofu cubes, approx. 80g each, cut into smaller cubes
- 50g carrot, julienne
- 40g radish, julienne (I used Chinese radish, you may use normal radish)
- some green leaf vegetables – for example, 20g baby spinach, or 30g bok choy (chopped), or 30g choy sum (chopped)
- 3g ginger, sliced
- 1 chili, sliced
- 3g coriander, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp soy sauce (use gluten free soy sauce for a gluten free option)
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- cooking oil (I used olive oil)
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Cook rice noodles according to instruction on the package; once cooked, place noodles in a sieve and run under cold water briefly; drain off excess liquid; add a dash of cooking oil, mix well so the noodles won’t stick together.
- Bring some cooking oil to medium heat in a non stick frying pan, add ginger & tofu cubes; pan fry the tofu until slightly brown; add radish, carrot, soy sauce, sesame oil and 2-3 cup of water, bring to boil; season with salt and pepper; simmer for 3-5 minutes or until the radish is just tender; add green leaf vegetables, cook for 1-2 minutes; turn off heat, add noodles.
- Serve warm, garnish with chili and coriander.