(Serves 4 as a FODMAP recipe)
- 500g free range chicken thigh fillet, diced into cubes
- 2 tbsp. potato starch
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp soy sauce (use gluten free soy sauce for a gluten free option)
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/8 tsp black pepper, freshly cracked
- 1 tsp sea salt flack
- 5g coriander (stalk part only), cut into 1cm length
- 5g shallot / spring onion (green top only), chopped
- a few pinches of dry crushed chilli flake
- 1 cup vegetable oil
Marinate the chicken cubes with potato starch, sesame oil, soy sauce, sugar and egg, mix well; leave aside for at least 30 minutes.
In a frying pan, add vegetable oil and bring to high temperature; add the chicken cubes; turn the chicken pieces over after 1 minute; turn the temperature down to medium-high and cover the frying pan with a lid for a further 3-4 minutes or until the chicken cubes are cooked through, stirring occasionally; transfer the chicken to a plate lined with kitchen paper to drain off excess oil.
Remove the oil from the frying pan; use paper towels to dry off the frying pan; return the frying pan to the stove at medium heat; add black pepper, salt, dry crushed chilli, toss briefly; turn off the heat, add chicken, coriander and shallot; toss briefly.