A good friend is on a self diagnosed gluten free diet. She is addicted to vegetables and all things fashionably healthy. You will laugh if you see her feeding her kids with healthy food the good old Chinese way – with great persistence.
We were over at their house for lunch last weekend. I made some tasty vegetable dips which was very appreciated. I served the dips with some plain rice crackers.
(Serves 3 as a FODMAP recipe)
- 150g carrot, skin peeled & diced
- 150g Jap pumpkin, skin peeled & diced
- 150g capsicum, cleaned & sliced into thick strips
- 1 kumquat, approximately 20g, remove seeds. retain peel and flesh, roughly diced
- 2g coriander, finely chopped
- 1g ginger, finely graded
- 3g lemongrass, finely sliced
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 3 tbsp coconut milk (from can)
- a pinch of black pepper
- salt to taste
- Steam the carrot & pumpkin until tender
- Under a hot grill, grill the capsicum strips skin side up, until the skin blacken; remove the skin
- In a food processor, blend all ingredients briefly to make the dip
- Serve the dip with plain rice crackers.