I decided to learn a little more about cooking with simple ingredients. I started with the humble carrots and some Canadian pure maple syrup.
I diced 2 carrots, tossed the pieces with some rice flour, maple syrup, a little oil and a pinch of salt. Then I pan-fried the carrots with a little oil, tossed in some sesame seeds, turmeric and coriander.
It was the best carrot I have ever had.
(Serves 3 as a FODMAP recipe)
- 2 carrots, approximately 180g, skin peeled and diced
- 1 tbsp rice flour
- 1 tbsp oil for coating, plus a little more for pan-frying
- a few pinches of salt
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 10g coriander, roughly chopped
- In a mixing bowl, mix diced carrot, rice flour, 1 tbsp oil, salt and maple syrup; lightly toss.
- Bring some cooking oil to medium heat in a frying pan, add carrot pieces, toss frequently until the carrot is just cooked (approximately 5 minutes depending on the size of the carrot cubes); add sesame seeds, turmeric and coriander, toss; remove from heat.
- Serve on a bed of salad (optional)