Easy hand rolls of rice, alfalfa, carrot, capsicum, rocket, BBQ sauce and sesame seeds.
(Serve 2 as a FODMAP recipe)
Ingredients – makes 2 rolls
- 1 nori sheet, cut into half
- 4 tbsp of boiled rice ( I used medium grain)
- 1/3 of a carrot, julienne
- a few rocket leafs
- 2 tbsp alfalfa sprout
- 2-3 tsp of BBQ sauce (use a gluten free BBQ sauce for a gluten free option)
- a few slices of red capsicum
- 2 tsp sesame seeds, lightly toasted
According to Monash University, FODMAPs were not detected in carrot. Only trace amounts of FODMAPs were detected in rocket lettuce and alfalfa. Carrot, rocket, alfalfa can be eaten in ‘as you please’ quantity.
The recommended serving size for capsicum is 1/2 cup, or 52g.
Roll all the ingredients up into 2 hand rolls. See below video on method.