A simple and healthy soup with seaweed and egg, flavored with green shallot, sesame oil and black pepper.
(Serves 1 as a FODMAP recipe)
- 1 nori sheet, cut into small pieces
- 1.5 cup of water (a little more or less, doesn’t matter)
- 1 egg
- a few slices of carrot, julienne
- 1/4 tsp sesame oil
- salt and pepper to taste (for a FODMAP recipe, use black pepper)
- a little toasted sesame seeds, to garnish (optional)
- some green shallot (scallion), thinly sliced, to garnish (optional)
- Bring 1.5 cup of water to boil, add nori sheet; simmer for 5 minutes, stir occasionally; add egg (to poach), sesame oil, black pepper and salt, simmer for 3 more minutes; add carrot, turn the heat off
- Pour soup into a bowl, garnish with shallot and sesame seeds to serve
A great tasty, flavorful, and colorful soup! Thanks for sharing!