Homemade lamb meat balls with capsicum, carrot, green shallot, coriander, rice vermicelli, cumin, turmeric and paprika.
- 500g minced lamb
- 240g Jap pumpkin, steamed and mashed
- 100g carrot, grated
- 50g capsicum, finely diced
- 10g green shallot (spring onion, scallion), green top only, finely diced
- 10g coriander, finely diced
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 50g (dry) rice vermicelli, boiled/cooked then drained
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp paprika (optional)
- 2 tbs corn flour
- 2 tbs sesame seeds
- 2 tbs sesame oil
- salt to taste
- cooking oil to pan fry the meat balls
- Mix all ingredients (except the cooking oil) until forming a smooth paste (I use a mixer, approximately 3 minutes).
- Roll the paste into balls with the palm of your hands.
- Add some cooking oil to a frying pan, bring to medium heat; pan fry the meat balls until cooked, approximately 10-15 minutes depending on the size of the meat balls.