(Serves 2 as a FODMAP recipe)
- 500g common tomatoes, cut in quarters
- 100g red capsicum, cleaned and sliced into strips
- 1/2 cup of light coconut milk (from can)
- pinch of black pepper
- 1 small red chili (<5g), seed removed (optional)
- salt to taste
- 1 cup of water, or as required
To roast the tomatoes and capsicum
- Line a baking tray with baking paper; place the to tomato pieces, skin side down, on the baking paper; place the capsicum, skin side up, on the baking paper; bake for 45 minutes at 180c (350f); Once cooked, remove skin.
To make the soup
- Blend the roasted vegetables, together with red chili, black pepper and coconut milk with a hand blender; return the puree to a small sauce pan, add some water as required, bring it to a slow boil; remove from heat and season with salt
- I put the soup through a sieve for a smoother taste (optional).