Years ago, my little boy loved a book called “The Tiger Who Came To Tea”. The story talked about a tiger who visited Sophie’s house and ate all their food. Sophia’s dad took Sophie and her mum out to a cafe, had a lovely supper with sausages, chips and ice cream.
‘How could sausages be lovely?’ my little boy asked.
So here is my version of sausages – a one pot meal with onion and capsicum, spiced with garam masala, turmeric and mustard oil.
Method is as follows:
- 6 pork sausages, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1/2 red capsicum, sliced
- a couple handful of frozen peas
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- a little chili flake (optional)
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- a dash of mustard oil
- 1 cup of Basmati rice (or any type of rice you like to use) + 2 cup of water
- salt to taste
- a little cooking oil
- a little toasted black sesame seeds, to garnish