Fried noodles is one of those ‘as you please’ dishes and you can add whatever ingredients you like.
- fresh or dried noodles, quantity to your liking
- leek, green or white part, sliced (quantity to your liking)
- 2 rashers of bacon, sliced (quantity to your liking(
- carrot, skin peeled, julienne (quantity to your liking)
- a few splashes of dark soy sauce
- white pepper
- sesame oil
- cooking oil
- sesame seeds, toasted
- Cook noodles per instruction on the package; add salt to the water if the noodles are not already salted; once the noodles are cooked, drain in a colander and run noodles under cold water until the noodles are completely cooled; use scissor to cut noodles to shorter length (so it is easier to stir fry); add a splash of dark soy sauce and a splash of sesame oil; mix well – so the noodles won’t stick together
- In a frying pan, bring some cooking oil to high heat; add bacon, sauté briefly until the bacon is cooked; add leek, sauté briefly, add carrot, sauté briefly; add noodles and white pepper, toss briefly to combine
- Turn off heat; add sesame seeds and toss; ready to serve.