Egg and garlic chive is a common home-cooked meal in Southern China. It is quick and easy to cook, nutritious, and comforting.
The easy 10-minute cooking involves:
- Trim the ends of a small bunch of garlic chive, approx 20-30 stems; then wash and slice the garlic chive.
- Break 4 eggs, and briefly mix in a bowl with a folk
- In a frying pan, heat up some cooking oil (medium heat); add garlic chive, stir fry briefly (30 seconds), then push the garlic chive to one side of the frying pan to make room for cooking the eggs
- Add a little oil in the pan, add the eggs, scramble the eggs gently by pushing the eggs toward the middle constantly from all sides; this will only take 1-2 minutes
- Mix the garlic chive with the scrambled eggs, add a little salt, white pepper, a small drizzle sesame oil; toss briefly, ready to serve.