A simple and delicious beef salad – juicy aged rump pan seared 2-3 minutes on each side, on a bed of tasty Asian salad with mint and coriander.
- 750g of thick-cut rump steak
- Sea salt and olive oil (for rubbing the steak)
- A small piece of common cabbage, thinly sliced, approx. 200g
- 1 carrot, remove skin, julienned
- a handful of bean sprout, washed
- 1/2 cup of mint, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup of coriander, roughly chopped
- 3 tsp fish sauce
- 3 tsp sugar
- 3 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp of lime juice
- 2 tbsp warm water
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 chili, remove seeds, thinly sliced (optional)
- 1 tbsp peanut, roughly chopped, to garnish (optional)
- Some green shallot, sliced, to garnish (optional)
- Mix fish sauce, sesame oil, sugar, lime juice, chili, garlic and warm water in a cup; stir well;
- Rub the rump steak with sea salt and olive oil
- Grill the steak 2-3 minutes on each side; Remove from heat, set aside to rest.
- Once the steak is cool, thinly slice into stripes against the grain. Toss the beef in 1/4 of the sauce.
- In a large bowl, mix the vegetables with 3/4 of the sauce; toss well
- Add the beef to the slaw, toss well
- Garnish with some chopped peanuts and sliced green shallot (optional)