When I was a little girl, sticky rice was such a treat – we would only enjoy it on special occasions such as weddings or festival seasons.
- 2 cups of glutenous rice, cooked per instruction
- 2 Chinese sausages, steamed for 20 minutes, thinly sliced
- 10 small Chinese mushrooms, soaked in hot water for 20-30 minutes, remove stems, thinly sliced
- 3 rashes of bacon, remove fat, diced
- 1/2 cup of shallot, white part only, diced
- 1/2 cup of peas and corns (frozen)
- 1 egg, scrambled
- 2 tsp dark soy sauce
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- cooking oil
- coriander, sliced, to garnish
- shallot, green part, sliced, to garnish
- toasted sesame seeds, to garnish
Heat up a little cooking oil (medium heat) in a frying pan, add bacon, Chinese sausages, Chinese mushrooms and white part of the shallot, cook for 5 minutes or until the bacon is cooked; add peas and corns, stir fry for 1-2 minutes; add rice, dark soy sauce and sesame oil, break up the rice as much as you can (it is quite sticky); add egg, mix well; ready to serve
Garnish with coriander, green shallot and toasted sesame seeds.