The Kumquat shrub is bearing fruits in the garden – super juicy and adds lots of flavor to a mango & coconut pudding. Mango pudding is one of my favorite dessert at yum cha.
Recipe is as follow:
- 500g mango
- 1.5 cup water
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 cup coconut milk (check label for a gluten free option)
- 1 cup evaporated milk (check label for a gluten free option)
- 7g of gelatine
- pinch of salt
- 2 tsp kum quat juice (or lime juice)
- fresh mango, diced, to garnish (optional)
- Bring 1 cup of water & 1 cup of sugar to boil, then simmer & stir until the sugar is dissolved
- Blend mango in a blender with the syrup into a fine puree
- Bring 1/2 cup of water to boil, add gelatine and a pinch of salt, stir until fully dissolved; add the gelatine mixture to the mango puree; add kum quat juice; mix well
- Divide the mixture into 8 wine glasses; refrigerate for 4 hours;
- When serving, garnish with fresh mango if desired.