It is difficult to sharing these with friends – too tasty you’d like to enjoy them all by yourself.
Recipe is as follow: (Serves 2 as a low FODMAP recipe)
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 seaweed (nori) sheet (approx 10g in total) – 3 for cooking, 1 for final rolling
- salt and black pepper to taste
- cooking oil
- 1 tbs green bean, finely diced
- 1 tbs carrot, finely diced
- Soy sauce (optional, use gluten free soy sauce for a gluten free option)
- In a mixing bowl, mix eggs, green bean, carrot, salt and black pepper to taste.
- Bring some cooking oil to medium heat in a flat bottom frying pan (similar size to the width of the seaweed sheet would be ideal); add sufficient egg mixture to coat the bottom of the frying pan (approx 0.5cm /0.2 inch) thickness; when the egg starting to set, lay seaweed over the left half of the frying pan (I am right handed), roll the egg up tightly until half way
- Shake the pan, gently move the egg all the way to left hand side; add some cooking oil if necessary; add more egg mixture on the right hand size; when the egg mixture starting to set, lay seaweed over the left half then continue to roll the egg up tightly until half way
- Repeat until all the egg mixture are used up (you should have at lease 1 seaweed sheet left for rolling)
- Lay the last seaweed sheet on a foil; transfer the egg roll onto the seaweed sheet; gently but tightly roll the seaweed sheet around the egg roll; wrap the roll with the foil; leave aside for 2 minutes for it to cool slightly
- Remove the foil; use a sharp knife to slice the egg roll into pieces
- Serve with soy sauce (optional).