Last week I attempted a recipe of Spanish potato croquettes. The lovely potato balls fell apart while I shallow fried them. But gosh, they tasted so good.
This week I am trying out a rice cake with potato & cheese. And they tasted absolutely delicious.
Recipe is as follow:
(Serves 3 as a low FODMAP recipe; makes 12 pieces)
- 300g mashed potato
- 300g rice flour
- 100g cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (from can)
- 1/2 cup lactose free milk
- 2 eggs
- sprig of rosemary, finely chopped
- salt & pepper to taste
- 50g butter for pan frying
- Combine all ingredients (except for the butter) in a mixing bowl, mix well into a batter
- In a frying pan, melt butter at medium heat; spoon a spoonful of batter & neatly place in the frying pan; repeat with a few more; gently fry the rice cake for approximately 10 minutes, turn over every 2-3 minutes
- Serve hot