This yummy little snack has quinoa, shredded potato, capsicum, tasty cheese, coriander, marjoram, tarragon and rosemary – you can make them into balls, or flat hash browns.
(Serves 2 as a low FODMAP recipe)
- 1/2 cup quinoa, cooked per instruction on the package
- 1/2 capsicum, finely diced
- 250g potato, shredded, cook in microwave for 2 minutes or until just cooked, cooled
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- a little fresh marjoram, finely chopped
- a little fresh tarragon, finely chopped
- a little fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- a little black pepper
- salt to taste
- cooking oil, for pan frying (I use olive oil)
Mix all ingredients together except for the cooking oil; squeeze the quinoa mixture into small balls or any other shapes; pan fry the quinoa hash gently with plenty of cooking oil over medium heat, for approx 5-10 minutes or until the outside is golden brown; time required for pan frying depends on the thickness and shape of the hash; Serve warm.