Baby octopus marinated overnight with garlic, ginger, chili, lemon juice, fish sauce, soy sauce, sesame oil, and grilled on a griddle.
- 750g baby octopus, cleaned, cut up into smaller pieces if they too large
- 5g ginger, minced
- 2 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 chili, minced
- 1 small lemongrass stalks, minced (optional)
- 3g coriander, stalk only, minced (optional)
- 2 kaffir lime leave, thinly sliced (optional)
- 1 tbsp. fish sauce
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce (use gluten free soy sauce for a gluten free option)
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp. sesame oil
- salt to taste
Place all ingredients in a bowl, mix well; cover and leave in fridge overnight.
Bring a heavy base griddle to hot temperature, grill the octopus until they are lovely and aromatic. Enjoy with a green salad.