Beef tendon braised with soy sauce, oyster sauce, vinegar, wine, cloves, star anise, chili and pepper. Beef tendon is pack with collagen, low fat and no cholesterol.
(Serves 4 as a FODMAP recipe)
- approx. 500g beef tendon, approx. 500g, cut into bite pieces
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce (use gluten free soy sauce for a gluten free option)
- 1 tbsp. oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp. sesame oil
- 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup white wine
- 10 cloves
- 2 star anise
- 1 chili, seeds removed, sliced
- a few slices of ginger
- 10 Sichuan or black pepper corn, crushed
- 1 tsp corn flour, mixed well with 1 tbs water
Put all ingredients (other than the sauce thickener) in a pressure cooker; cook for 60 minutes on high pressure (or cook in a normal pot for approximately 2-3 hours over low heat, or until the tendon is tender).
Add sauce thickener, stir well.