- 1 cup short grain rice
- 1 stick of cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 3 tbsp white sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 400 ml light coconut milk (from can)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- In a rice cooker, cook the rice with 3 cup of water, add a stick of cinnamon, a few cloves and a pinch of salt.
- Transfer the cooked rice to a saucepan; remove the cloves and cinnamon stick; add coconut milk, white sugar, vanilla, bring it to simmer for 5 minutes, stir frequently; Add a little water if desired.
- In a microwave, cook the banana in a bowl with a little water, covered, on high setting for 3 minutes.
- Put the cooked banana pieces on a piece of foil on top of a tray; sprinkle brown sugar over the banana; grill under a hot grill for approx. 3-4 minutes or until the sugar starting to caramelize.
- Serve the pudding warm or chilled, sprinkled with ground cinnamon, add caramelized banana on top.