Egg and garlic chive is a common home-cooked meal in Southern China. It is quick and easy to cook, nutritious and comforting.
- 4 eggs, mix briefly in a bowl with a pair of chopsticks
- 20-30 stems of garlic chive, trim the ends, wash and sliced to 1 inch length
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a frying pan, heat up some cooking oil to medium heat; add garlic chive, sauté briefly (approximately 20-30 seconds), then push the garlic chive to one side of the frying pan to make room for cooking the eggs
- Add a little oil in the pan, add the eggs; scramble the eggs gently by pushing the eggs toward the middle constantly from all sides
- Mix the garlic chive with the scrambled eggs, add a little salt, white pepper, a small drizzle sesame oil; toss briefly, ready to serve.