Earlier today I made some sweet glutinous rice balls and had some peanut, sesame & coconut coating left, so I made this simple & delicious sweet snack, sometimes found at the street market stalls around Asian.
Recipe is as follow:
- 80g peanut, crashed, lightly toasted in a hot pan
- 80g sesame seeds, lightly toasted in a hot pan
- 80g desiccant coconut, lightly toasted in a hot pan
- 100g condensed milk
- 80g caster sugar
- 1 tbs honey
- Preheat the oven at 180C (360F).
- Line a small baking tray (about 10 x 7 inch) with baking paper.
- Mix all ingredients except for honey; press the ingredients into the baking tray; bake at 180C for approximately 15 minutes, turn around once.
- Warm up the honey in a microwave to running liquid – approximately 10 seconds.
- Brush the slice with honey; bake for further 5 minutes or golden brown.
- Cool on a cooling rack before slicing into portions.