This simple & delicious sweet snack is often found at the street market stalls around Asian.
Recipe is as follow:
- 80g peanut, crushed, lightly toasted in a hot pan
- 80g sesame seeds, lightly toasted in a hot pan
- 80g desiccant coconut, lightly toasted in a hot pan
- 100g condensed milk
- 80g caster sugar
- 1 tbs honey
- Preheat the oven at 180C (360F).
- Line a small baking tray (about 10 x 7 inch) with baking paper.
- Mix all ingredients except for honey; press the ingredients into the baking tray; bake at 180C for approximately 15 minutes, turn around once.
- Warm up the honey in a microwave to running liquid – approximately 10 seconds.
- Brush the slice with honey; bake for further 5 minutes or golden brown.
- Cool on a cooling rack before slicing into portions.
Looks so good
How much glutinous rice flour should be added to the mix?
Hi Anna, the sesame and peanut slice recipe does not contain glutinous rice flour. I was referring to using the left over ingredients from the previous recipe being the ‘sweet glutinous rice balls with walnut, sesame, peanut & coconut’ (https://delishhomecook.com/2016/05/22/sweet-rice-balls/ ). Doesn’t mean that you can’t add a spoonful of glutinous rice flour though – now think of it, it may actually work! Apology if I had confused you with the mention of flour and I had amended the post slightly to make it clearer. Hope you are having a lovely day. Cheers Rebecca