With winter coming, I cut back a bush of lemongrass in the garden. I ended up with a huge bunch of lemongrass sticks which I used for this pork and beef kebabs.
Recipe is as follow: (to share: serves 2-6)
Ingredients – kebab
- 125g pork mince (with a little fat to keep the kebab moist)
- 125g lean beef mince
- 1.5 tsp fish sauce
- 1.5 tsp oyster sauce (skip for a gluten free option)
- 1.5 tsp sesame oil
- 1.5 tsp fine sugar
- 2 tbsp rice flour
- 6 lemongrass sticks (approx 6-7 inch long)
Ingredients – pickle carrot
- 1/2 carrot, julienne
- 2 tbsp of apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp of fine sugar
- 10 tbsp of warm water
Ingredients – green salad
- A few lettuce leafs, break up roughly
- a few fresh mint leafs, sliced
- 3g coriander, chopped
Method – kebab
Mix well all ingredients (except for the sticks); divided into 6 parts; roll one part of meat mixture into a sausage around a lemongrass stick; repeat with the remaining 5 portions.
Grill the kebabs on medium-high for 5 minutes, turn over frequently; turn the heat to low-medium, grill the kebabs for further 5 minutes or until cooked.
Serve on a bed of green salad, picket carrot and chopped mint.
Method – pickle carrot
Mix vinegar, sugar and warm water until the sugar is dissolved; add carrot and marinate for 15 minutes or overnight.