This simple & light barramundi broth is gentle and tasty, perfect for a lazy lunch.
(Serves 2 as a FODMAP friendly recipe)
- 200g boneless barramundi fillet, cut into chunky pieces
- 3 cup of chicken stocks (for low FODMAP chicken stock, simply slow-poach a whole chicken for dinner, and reserve the liquid as stock)
- 2 tsp fish sauce (or to taste)
- some fresh ginger (~2g), sliced
- some fresh turmeric (~2g), sliced (optional)
- 1 tbsp. lime juice
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 chili, sliced (optional)
- salt to taste
- 6 cherry tomatoes, halved (optional)
- chopped coriander, to garnish (optional)
- In a saucepan, bring chicken stock to boil, add ginger and turmeric, simmer for 5 minutes; add fish sauce, lime juice, sesame oil, chili, salt to taste, bring to boil; add barramundi pieces and cherry tomatoes, bring to boil and immediately turn the heat off and let the residual heat to finish cooking the fish.
- Garnish with coriander