Pork and bok choy dumplings with home made rice and tapioca wrappings (FODMAP friendly, gluten free)
Our friend Bill has gut problems and is on a low FODMAP diet. He posted on facebook today, saying “I am sick of being sad; and sad for being sick”. To lift his spirit, we invited Bill over for some food.
I made some steamed rice flour and tapioca dumplings with pork and bokchoy.
Recipe is as follow:
(Makes approx 16-20 dumplings)
Dough for wrappings
- 1 cup rice flour
- 3/4 cup tapioca flour
- 1 and 1/4 cup boiling water
- a few pinch of salt
- Place rice flour, tapioca flour, salt in a mixing bowl; add boiling water, stir (one direction) to combine; kneel the ingredients into a smooth dough; leave aside to cool slightly. Check out the video below.
- 250g pork mince
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- salt & pepper
- 1 tsp rice flour, mix well with 1 tbs water
- 200g bok choy, finely chopped
- 10g coriander, finely chopped
- In a mixer, mix the pork mince, sesame oil, salt and pepper, rice flour mixture to a fine paste (takes approx 2 minutes); transfer to a large bowl
- Add chopped bok choy & coriander into the bowl, mix well
Assemble & steaming
- I put the dough through the pasta maker and cut the shape out with a round cutter.
- Then fill the wrapper up with about 1 tsp of filling and close the edge.
- Steam in a steamer for 15-20 minutes
- Optional – served with a gluten free soy sauce, sesame oil & fresh chili dipping (note, soy sauce has various additives)