I found it difficult to create pumpkin dishes – pumpkin is so beautifully tasty already, I don’t want to ruin its natural goodness.
Because pumpkin is so sweet, a bit of saltiness will enhance its flavor. Miso and pumpkin actually work quite well. It is also a very simple dish to prepare.
- 3 thin (1.5cm thickness) pieces of pumpkin, approximately 100g each piece
- 2 tbsp rice flour
- 1 tsp miso paste
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp corn flour
- cooking oil
- a little green shallot (scallion / green onion), sliced, to garnish (optional)
- Cook the pumpkin in microwave, for approx 3 minutes or until the pumpkin pieces are just cooked (but not soft)
- Dust the pumpkin pieces with rice flour
- Bring some cooking oil to medium heat in a frying pan; pan fried the pumpkin pieces until golden brown; transfer to a serving plate
- In a bowl, add miso paste, Dijon mustard, corn flour and 3-4 tbsp of water, mix well; cook in a small sauce pan gently until the sauce thicken.
- Serve the pumpkin warm with a little sauce on top; garnish with sliced green shallot (optional).