I had some spare time in the late afternoon so I decided to work on a FODMAP dish. I had some vegetables that are low FODMAP and some rice flour. And here it became…
Recipe is as follow:
Ingredients (serves 1)
- Approx 30g jap pumpkin, diced
- 20g rice flour
- 30g red capsicum, remove the inside & cut into flat pieces
- 30g broccoli, cut into small pieces & remove most of the stem
- some fresh lettuce, finely sliced
- a few fresh basil greens, sliced
- 2 tbs water
- a little cooking oil
- pinch of salt
- Steam the pumpkin & broccoli until tender (ideally steam them separately so the beautiful colors won’t be mess up)
- Roast the capsicum skin side up under a hot grill,until the skin bubbles and blacken slightly; remove from heat to cool; once cooled, remove the skin; cut the capsicum into short strips.
- Mix the rice flour with 2 tbs of water – mix well; add a pinch of salt
- In a frying pan, heat up a little cooking oil over medium heat; pour the rice flour mixture into the frying pan and let it sizzle until the bottom starts to set; break it up and stir well; cook for further 1 minutes or until the mixture has turned to a off-white color (previously white); add the diced cooked pumpkin, stir & cook briefly; at this point, the mixture will be a bit mushy (not dry).
- Place a food presentation ring on a dinner plate; first fill in the rice flour & pumpkin mixture; press it down using the back of a spoon; then lay the broccoli on top; then the roast capsicum; Remove the ring; Top the stack with lettuce and sliced fresh basil.
- Garnish with additional basil if desired