(Serves 2 as a FODMAP recipe)
- 250g trimmed pork belly, diced
- 1 cup of fresh pineapple, cut into cubes, soaked in water with a tsp of salt, preferably overnight. This will bring out the sweetness.
- 50g capsicum, sliced
- A few slices of ginger, julienne
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp tamarind paste
- 2 tsp sugar
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp cumin powder
- 1 chili, remove seed, thinly sliced (optional)
- 1 tsp corn flour
- 50g mixed leaf lettuce
- Sesame seeds, toasted, to garnish
- Cooking oil
- Marinate the pork with sesame oil, soy sauce, tamarind paste, sugar, pepper, turmeric, cumin, chili and corn four; leave in the fridge for 30 minutes or overnight.
- Heat up some cooking oil In a large frying pan, add ginger, sauté briefly; add the pork pieces, stir fry until the pork is nearly cooked, add capsicum, sauté briefly; add pineapple, tossed.
- Serve on a bed of mixed leaf salad.