We had steaks for dinner tonight and made a kale dish as a side. It was very simple, blanched kale, diced orange, orange zest, lemon juice, sesame oil and sesame seeds.
This recipe below is portion controlled to a FODMAP diet. Please feel free to use any additional ingredients you may like.
Recipe is as follows:
(Serves 2 as a FODMAP recipe)
- 2-3 cup of chopped kale (Monash University: only trace amounts of FODMPAs were detected in Kale. Eat freely and according to appetite)
- zest of 1 orange
- 1 orange, peeled, diced (Monash University: FODMAPs were not detected. Eat freely and according to appetite)
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- juice of 1/4 lemon
- a little cooking oil and salt for blanching
- Bring a large pot of water to boil, add cooking oil, salt and kale; bring the water to boil again, give the kale a quick stir and turn off the heat; drain the kale with a colander, raise under cold water until the kale is at room temperature.
- In a mixing bowl, mix kale, sesame seeds, orange zest, orange, lemon juice, sesame oil; toss and ready to serve; garnish with a little more sesame seeds if desired, perhaps a pinch of sea salt.