Tofu and noodle soup (low FODMAP, gluten free, vegan)

Posted on Updated on

FODMAP vegan can be delicious too – tofu recipe #3.

Try this hot rice noodle soup with tofu, radish, carrot, spinach, chili, coriander, ginger, soy and sesame oil.

Tofu & rice noodle soup, with radish, carrot, spinach, FODMAP diet, gluten free, vegan

(Serves 1-2 as a low FODMAP recipe)

Ingredients

• 50g (gluten free) rice noodle
  • 2 soft plain tofu cubes, approx 80g each, cut into smaller cubes
  • 50g carrot, julienne
  • 40g radish, julienne (I used Chinese radish, you may use normal radish)
  • some green leaf vegetables – for example, 20g baby spinach, or  30g bok choy (chopped), or 30g choy sum (chopped)
  • 3g ginger, sliced
  • 1 chili, sliced
  • 3g coriander, roughly chopped
  • 1 tsp soy sauce (use gluten free soy sauce for a gluten free option)
  • 1 tsp sesame oil
  • cooking oil  (I used olive oil)
  • salt and black pepper to taste

Method

• Cook rice noodles according to instruction on the package; once cooked, place noodles in a sieve and run under cold water briefly; drain off excess liquid; add a dash of cooking oil, mix well so the noodles won’t stick together.
  • Bring some cooking oil to medium heat in a non stick frying pan, add ginger & tofu cubes; pan fry the tofu until slightly brown; add radish, carrot, soy sauce, sesame oil and 2-3 cup of water, bring to boil; season with salt and pepper; simmer for 3-5 minutes or until the radish is just tender; add green leaf vegetables, cook for 1-2 minutes; turn off heat, add noodles.
  • Serve warm, garnish with chili and coriander.

7 thoughts on “Tofu and noodle soup (low FODMAP, gluten free, vegan)

Archana said:
    August 30, 2016 at 10:36 am

Love your blog and recipes! Love everything about this dish – Noodles, tofu and the fact that its a hot soup!

DelishHomeCook responded:
      August 30, 2016 at 9:50 pm

Thank you so much for your kind words Archana – it is so nice to know that you like my blog and this dish. I checked out your blog too, it looks absolutely fantastic! I was talking to a colleague with an India background earlier this week about an easy Indian finger food that I could make for the school fete. He recommended me to buy frozen packaged samosa. hahaha.. I really like your cilantro croquette recipe. Next time I am at the Indian store I will get some gram flour and give it a try. Have a lovely day.

Liked by 1 person

Archana said:
        August 30, 2016 at 9:56 pm

Hi Rebecca! Let me know how you like the cilantro croquettes, it is a staples family recipe that we have been using for many many years. And much healthier than store bought samosas for sure. haha..

Archana said:
        August 30, 2016 at 9:56 pm

And thank you for the follow.

DelishHomeCook responded:
        August 30, 2016 at 11:58 pm

And thank you for your follow also 🙂

lowfodmapandveg said:
    July 2, 2017 at 4:58 pm

So frosty here in Melbourne, defintely going to try this instead of my normal stir fry. Thanks for the inspiration!

Liked by 1 person

DelishHomeCook responded:
      July 2, 2017 at 6:23 pm

Thank you Rosie, and hope you enjoy it. It is fun and challenging cooking low FODMAP vegan food 🙂 love your cooking too BTW.